3rd International Conference “Interface between Intellectual Property & Competition Law” – 7th August, 2015, Hotel The Imperial, New Delhi organized by ASSOCHAM
We are pleased to inform you that PAAi has partnered with ASSOCHAM for their 3rd International Conference “Interface between Intellectual Property & Competition Law” (briefed below) which will held on 7th August, 2015, at Hotel The Imperial, New Delhi.
Innovation has always been a catalyst in a growing economy resulting in more innovation. The advent of fresh innovations gives rise to healthy competition at macro as well as micro economic levels. Intellectual Property laws help protects these innovations from being exploited unlawfully. In view of this IP and Competition laws have to be applied in tandem to ensure that the rights of all stake holders including the innovator and the consumer or public in general are protected. The relationship between these two areas of law poses uniquely difficult challenges to policymakers, particularly in developing countries like India, the majority of which have little or no tradition in the application of competition law and policies.
The common objective of both policies is to promote innovation which would eventually lead to the economic development of a country however this should not be to the detriment of the common public. Defining the right balance between competition and IPRs is an objective to be achieved through a diversity of policies and regimes.
In view of these emerging issues and key developments, ASSOCHAM is organizing the 3rd International Conference on “Interface between Intellectual Property & Competition Law” on 7th August 2015 at Hotel Imperial, New Delhi.
We are delighted to inform you that Shri Ashok Chawla, Chairman, Competition Commission of India have confirmed his presence to share their views on the topic in the Inaugural Session of the conference.
The Registration Fee for the conference is Rs. 4,000/- per delegate. (Benefit: 15% discount for PAAi members). The Registration Form should be filled and sent to us along with the participation fee at the earliest, however, advance intimation should be conveyed to Vidit Rai (+91- 9811547805) Vidit.Rai@assocham.com , to enable them to block the seats as the programme has limited Seats and will be available on First come First Served basis.
How free/interested Registered Patent Agents if hired to become Patent Examiners, may not only reduce training time/cost but may increase productivity of IPO (of course India) as well
IIPRD, along with Sughrue Mion and Khurana & Khurana, Advocates and IP Attorneys (K&K), is conducting a National Patent Drafting Competition (NPDC) to enhance the appreciation and awareness levels of Patent Preparation as a Skill-Set for IP Professionals, especially in the current and forthcoming times where Patent Litigation is on the rise and interpretation of claims and specification/embodiments is going to a play a critical role. Please view the below image for complete details of the modus-operandi of the Competition, or alternatively visit www.iiprd.com.
Avail 50% discounts in the participating fee by mentioning “PAAi” as discount code.
Modus-Operandi of Conducting NPDC:
- Step 1: On 1’st September 2015, IIPRD and K&K, on their websites (www.iiprd.com and www.khuranaandkhurana.com), would put forth Three Invention Disclosures (describing three Inventions), one each in the domain of Electronics/ Hi-Tech, Mechanical, and Chemistry/Pharmaceuticals. The Patent Drafing Competition would be active till 20’th September 2015, within which timeframe, Eligible Participants would need to write Complete Patent Applications/Specifications (along with Drawings, if applicable) complying with Indian Patent Act for a technical domain of their choice (1 Patent Application per Participant).
- Step 2: Drafted Patent Application can be sent to Competition@iiprd.com or can be sent in Hard Copy to Physical Office of IIPRD, which is at “E-13, UPSIDC Site IV, Behind Grand Venice, Greater Noida”. In either of the ways, the patent application draft has to be received by IIPRD on or before 20’th September 2015.
- Step 3: In order to enable only serious participants to submit their Applications/Specifications, a Participation Fees of Rs. 1000/- is to be submitted by each Participant, which can either be paid by means of Bank Transfer (Bank Name: IIPRD, Account No. 19620210002476, UCO Bank, Greater Noida Branch, IFSC Code:UCBA0001962) or through Cheque/DD in favor of “IIPRD”. The Draft should reach IIPRD’s Office (E-13, UPSIDC Site IV, Behind Grand Venice, Greater Noida, 201310) by 20’th September 2015. Each fee submission should be accompanied with the Name, Address, and Contact Details of the Participant so that Participation Certificate can be sent at the given Address to Each Participant.
Winner Declaration and Prize Amounts:
- Step 4: On 25’th of September 2015, two winners for each technology domain (total of 6 winners) would be announced on the website of IIPRD, K&K, and its affiliates/associates, wherein the winners would be decided based on a combination of numerous factors such as flow of the specification, scope covered through embodiments, claim drafting strategy, and accurary of technical coverage. The evaluation would be done collectively by representatives from each International Law Firm and Khurana & Khurana, IP Attorneys, coordinated by IIPRD. Their collective decision on selection of the winners would be final and shall not be open to change in any manner.
- Step 5: On 8’th October 2015, prize distribution at Hotel Hilton Mumbai at 1700hrs onwards shall take place during the annual International Pharmaceutical/Biotech Symposium being organised by IIPRD, wherein the first winner for each technology domain would be given a Prize of Rs. One Lakh Only (Rs. 100000/-), and the second winner for each technology domain would be given a Prize of Rs. Fifty Thousand Only (Rs. 50000/-). All winners would also be invited to the symposium on 8’th October 2015 as honoured guests, and shall also be given suitable Certificates, however the travel cost and stay, if required by the winners to join the prize distribution, shall be borne by them personally. In case coming over to the Conference is not possible for the Winners, the amount can be alternatively be credited directly to their accounts. All Participants would also be given Participation Certificates for the Competition.
Any Practitioner having a Technical/Science Background is eligible to Participate in the Competition. For instance, the Participant could be a student, a practicing Attorney, an in-house counsel, a scientist, a faculty, or any other stakeholder having a technical qualification.
Important Dates to Remember:
1. Invention Disclosures on IIPRD/K&K Websites (www.iiprd.com, www.khuranaandkhurana.com): 1’st September 2015
2. Payment of participation fees (by Bank Transfer/DD/Cheque): 20’th September 2015
3. Submission of Patent Application Drafts: 20’th September 2015
4. Announcement of Winners: 25’th September 2015
5. Prize/Certificate Distribution: 8’th October 2015
For any query/question, please feel free to write to email@example.com, and/or call 0120-4296878/2342010 and speak with Ms. Meenakshi Khurana.